Best Keto Snack Bars
When I first started out on my keto journey, I was all about making homemade fat bombs and other low-carb snacks. Those were great but I wanted the best keto snack bar that is ready to go.
After a few weeks of acting like Martha Stewart, I realized that some months were crazier than others and, when I was short on time, I was left without keto-friendly options that I could easily take with me.
I found myself trying other low-carb protein bars on the market just to hold me over.
These seemed safe to eat based on the label but I’d eventually get kicked of ketosis despite what the package promoted.
I knew there had to be a better option and luckily I found these new Perfect Keto Bars during my latest search. And these are exactly what I’ve been looking for.
Perfect Keto Bars are the only low-carb protein bars on the market that are actually optimized for a healthy ketogenic diet. Unlike other bars, you won’t find cheap fillers, artificial ingredients, or added sugars and sugar alcohols of any kind. You also won’t see massive amounts of protein and a small amount of fat like your typical protein bars.
Perfect Keto spent a huge amount of time perfecting these bars to create a satisfying snack that won’t kick you out of ketosis. 1 year and 18 different iterations to be exact. Dr. Anthony Gustin even went so far as to test his bar against 3 other popular low-carb protein bars to see how it affected his blood sugar.
I was shocked by what he discovered. This is a MUST watch video if you are even mildly interested in keto, metabolism, and snack food. Too long; Didn’t watch: Quest and Dang bars spiked his glucose by 20-30 points and Bulletproof spiked it by 40 points for 5 hours!
Perfect Keto Bars increased his glucose by 3 units. That’s about as much as you would expect from standing up or sitting down. I stick to these Keto Bars since they won’t stimulate increases in my blood sugar and I know there’s only high-quality ingredients inside.
Most people can easily pronounce every ingredient in these Keto Bars too:
- Organic almond butter & almonds. Almonds are low in carbs and loaded with monounsaturated fats, fiber, vitamins, and minerals, which keeps me feeling full for longer and gives me a nice dose of micronutrients. And since Perfect Keto only uses organic almond butter and almonds, I don’t have to worry about nasty pesticide exposure that comes with other brands.
- Grass-fed collagen. Collagen directly supports healthy skin, hair, nails, brain, joints, gut, heart, and eye health.
- Cacao butter. The cacao butter in this bar serves two purposes: it adds an extra layer of fats in the form of saturated fats, which can help reduce inflammation, and gives these bars a richer texture that feels more like a brownie than a bar.
- Organic cocoa. Cocoa is rich in polyphenols and antioxidants — which can help fight free radicals — and it’s beneficial for heart health. So while you’re technically eating cocoa, it’s nothing like the sugar-filled chocolate you’re used to since there’s added health benefits. So it’s better taste-wise and nutritionally.
- Organic coconut oil. As one of the best fats on keto, coconut oil is packed with medium-chain fatty acids that give your body the fuel it needs to power through any day and it helps support ketosis. It also has anticancer, antibacterial, and antiviral properties so you know it’s a staple in my house.
- Soluble tapioca fiber. It’s the cheap binders found in other bars, among many things, that have a tendency to kick you out of ketosis. That’s why Perfect Keto ditched those altogether and used soluble tapioca fiber, which keeps these bars keto-friendly.
And it’s not just these high quality ingredients that make this keto bar stand out.
Why Are Keto Bars Better Than Other Low Carb Protein Bars?
I’m all for trying out different low-carb protein bars. But, as I’ve learned the hard way, not all low-carb bars can be trusted.
Dr. Anthony Gustin proved this in his recent comparison of 4 popular low carb protein bars. Because of that, I’m skeptical when it comes to trusting labels. And you should be too.
Luckily, I’ve already done my due diligence on this bar so you don’t have to.
Here’s why these Keto Bars made the cut over other options out there:
- No junk ingredients or cheap fillers. You won’t find any soluble corn fiber or Frankenstein ingredients that are unpronounceable in this bar.
- No artificial sweeteners, added sugars or sugar alcohols. You also won’t see high-sugar sweeteners like dates, honey, syrups, or chicory root fiber either. But that doesn’t mean sugar alcohols are lurking behind the label. These bars are also free from those and artificial sweeteners.
- Soy, peanut, corn, and dairy free. These common allergens may be in other bars but not this keto bar.
- Keto-optimized macros. Some bars are too high in protein while others are too low in fat. Perfect Keto’s bar is the perfect sweet spot that delivers macros that are ideal on a keto diet. Each bar contains 19g of fat, 10g of protein, and 3g of net carbs.
And since there’s no carb-heavy syrups or hard to digest sweeteners in these bars, you’ll have no trouble staying in ketosis.
Perfect Keto’s bars were also specially formulated to minimize blood sugar impact which means you won’t experience a huge insulin spike and subsequent crash right after eating one, which you can’t say about some other bars on the market.
Perfect Keto Bars are pretty straightforward in that you can just grab one, stash it in your bag, and enjoy it on the go.
But, if you really want to take things a step further, try pairing your Keto Bars with one of their other products to elevate your performance and taste buds.
1. Here’s how I use Perfect Keto Bars + Keto Coffee as a breakfast replacement:
Step 1: Brew a cup of Perfect Keto’s Instant Coffee and pair it with their Keto Bar
Step 2: Enjoy this energizing and satisfying combo on-the-go or sip it slowly as you start your day at home
2. When I need pre-workout fuel, I reach for Perfect Keto Bars + Perform
Step 1: I’ll eat a Keto Bar 1-2 hours before my workout
Step 2: Then, closer to my actual workout, I’ll add one scoop of Perform into my shaker cup
Step 3: Next, I top this with 8 ounces of water and mix with a good shake
Step 4: I sip on this just before my workout
3. For a midday energy boost, combine Perfect Keto Bars + Keto Base
Step 1: Mix a scoop of Perfect Keto Base with water or your favorite beverage
Step 2: Sip on this as you nosh on a Perfect Keto Bar and you’ll fuel your brain with ketones and protein which both can help you power through the rest of your day
4. If you want something more indulgent in the afternoon, reach for Perfect Keto Bars + Keto Nut Butter
Step 1: Slather on a nice spread of Keto Nut Butter on your Perfect Keto Bars for a decadent low-carb treat
Step 2: Enjoy
5. To refuel after a workout, I like to use Perfect Keto Bars + Keto Electrolytes
Step 1: Shortly after my workouts, I mix Keto Electrolytes in my shaker cup with 8 oz of water to quickly give my body the nutrients it needs to recover properly
Step 2: I follow this up with a Perfect Keto Bar to get a dose of protein, which also helps with recovery and gives me some much needed fuel after a workout
Why Perfect Keto Bars Are My Favorite Low Carb Protein Bars
Since my schedule is so jam-packed, there are weeks when I don’t have time to whip up a batch of fat bombs or other homemade low-carb snacks. That’s where Keto Bars has become my lifesaver.
Instead of having to waste time sorting through store shelves and ingredient lists to settle on a not-really-low-carb protein bar that will probably kick me out of ketosis anyway, I can reach for this one and know that I’m not taking a step back from my goals or feeding my body artificial ingredients.
And those are just some of the reasons why this bar is my new go-to.
Here are the rest:
- The almond butter brownie flavor actually tastes like a dessert, not some overly sweet imitation flavor
- There’s no weird aftertaste lingering around from artificial sweeteners
- The texture and consistency are also on point. Instead of falling apart into a million different pieces, this one stays together so you can enjoy it one-handed if needed
- With 19g of fat and 10g of protein, I feel satisfied after eating this bar instead of ravenous for more food
- I also noticed that I feel more alert and focused on the days I eat a Keto Bar before a meeting or during my afternoon slump
If you’re new to keto and are struggling with hunger in between meals or you’re trying to find a satisfying, convenient way to enjoy a keto snack on-the-go without ruining ketosis, I would highly recommend trying these Perfect Keto Bars.
The good news is you can do so with a special discount on your first order.
I touched base with the owner of Perfect Keto and he’s agreed to share an exclusive discount with my readers on Keto Bars.
For the launch month November 2018, you can save 25% on Perfect Keto Bars by using coupon code: KETOBARS25
They sold out of their first shipment in 20 hours and will be running out of stock later this month. Seriously, pick yours up now and hopefully they’ll be back in stock by the time you’re ready for your second order.